We know that most people are staying home these days. Here at Cedar Park Fun, we’ve come up with some ideas and things to do so that you can enjoy your time indoors. From virtual tours, fitness classes, kid-friendly activities and more, we’ve got you covered.
Barre 3 is offering a free 15-day trial for their online at-home classes and Pure Barre is offering 1 week of unlimited livestreaming.
What’s great about barre classes is that you don’t need any special equipment to have a great workout at home.
CEDAR PARK LIBRARY
The Cedar Park Library is offering virtual programs, providing helpful resources and sharing educational information through their social media. You can get a library card online and get access to their virtual library, go to their social media to view virtual storytimes for the kids, and attend a virtual book or craft club for adults. The library is such a great resource for your time at home. Visit the Cedar Park Public Library’s Facebook page for virtual storytimes and more.
VIRTUAL HAPPY HOUR
Do you miss hanging out and tasting wine? Well, Bent Oak Winery is hosting virtual happy hour every Friday at 5PM. Winery ambassadors will be sharing some wine knowledge and catching up with the community. Virtual happy hour will be available on Facebook & Instagram Live as well as Zoom! Check out their facebook page HERE for more details.
VIRTUAL CHOCOLATE TASTING
Yep, that’s right. You can still have a chocolate tasting in the comfort of your own home. Delysia Chocolatier is hosting virtual chocolate tastings of their delectable chocolates. All you have to do is sign up for one of their events and they will ship chocolates to your door. They will e-mail you instructions with a conference link before your tasting. How cool is that? Check out their virtual events HERE.
AUSTIN LIVE STREAM EVENTS & CONCERTS
Missing Austin’s music scene? The folks at Visit Austin have provided links to live stream events and concerts, so you can still rock out at home to your favorite local artists without enduring downtown Austin traffic and parking. Check out their list HERE
MORE IDEAS FOR AT-HOME ENTERTAINMENT
- Call or Facetime your loved ones. No time like the present – you know they’ll be home!
- Time to dust off the board games and teach the kids to play. Scrabble anyone?
- Get artsy. Color in a coloring book, start painting, just get creative. Here’s some great at-home craft ideas for kids from Good Housekeeping HERE
- The National Park Foundation is hosting Virtual Visits of National Parks and you can also participate in Park Activities from your Home
- This article form Travel+Leisure magazine has collected virtual tours from 12 of the most famous museums in the world.
- Country music icon, Dolly Parton, will be reading bedtime stories once a week for 10 weeks at 7:00PM EST. You can check it out HERE
- Actor LeVar Burton (from the PBS show “Reading Rainbow”) will be reading books via Twitter Livestreams. You can listen on Twitter @levarburton or via levarburtonpodcast.com
- Disney Parks Blog has virtual tours of Disneyland Parks, e-books with activities, workshops, photo libraries and more. Check out their blog HERE
- Crayola has free printable coloring pages that you can download. Check out their coloring pages HERE.
- Just because you are home doesn’t mean you have to do all the cooking. Check out a list of Cedar Park restaurants offering to-go and delivery options HERE.
- Another way to show support is to shop online from a small business. Shop from a Cedar Park boutique store online and get your items shipped to your door (some are even offering curbside pickup). Check out a list of stores HERE
- Buy gift cards online or curbside and save for future use
- Rock and Rolls Sushi Lounge is offering free lunches to kids and supporting people that have been displaced in the restaurant industry. Let’s return the favor and order some delicious sushi from them. They offer curbside takeout from 1PM-8PM Tuesday – Sunday. Call (512) 649-2222 to place your order.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Cedar Park. In the meantime, stay home and stay safe!